Monday, August 8, 2011

We made it to Utah! (Quite a while ago really.)

Side note:  I haven't gotten any pictures off of my camera since getting to Utah so, sorry, the next few posts will probably be picture-less, which also means you'll have almost wordless posts with only pictures in the future.
 
11:30 am - Left Lincoln

12:45 pm - Arrived at Omaha airport
It really wasn't too bad.  I put Vidalia in a wrap and carried everything else.  I checked in the luggage and went through security (that was definitely that hardest part).  I don't know why they didn't tell me I couldn't wear the baby until my stuff was going through the machines; I had plenty of time before then that I could have taken her off, instead the lady behind me was annoyed.  I ignored her because really, that's not my problem, I didn't choose for her to get annoyed.  If it had been my choice, she wouldn't have been annoyed and really, I wasn't annoyed, so that was way too many sentences to tell you that.
2:30 pm - Through security and putting my stuff back together and also time to get on the plane (so we did).  While I was putting my stuff together, one of the ladies looked at me for a second and then asked me if I was in her daughter's ward, it ends up, I indeed am.  She had the same flights as me to Utah.  That was exciting.
3:00 pm - Plane takes off.  Vidalia has a bottle and falls asleep.  Nobody was sitting beside me.  That made my life so easy.  And she slept have the flight.  That also made my life so easy.  Everyone on the flight loved her.  They kept making faces at her and she would smile and laugh and get excited.
3:30 pm - Plane lands in Denver.  (Not really a 30 minute flight, it was 1.5 hours.)  We walked to our next gate and took care of some necessary things and then it was time to load the next plane.  On the next flight, I sat next to a really nice man.  Vidalia kept trying to still his stuff.  He said it was fine and I could let her get it.  She kept pulling his arm hairs too.  He liked her.  He was so nice.  We were so lucky.
4:40 pm - We arrived in Salt Lake City!  Yay!  Vidalia was so easy to fly with this time.  I hope that is always the case.

Thank you darling child for being the perfectly delightful human that you are.  You bring so much joy to my life and fool me in so many ways about being a mother.  Please teach all future siblings to be the same.  I will likewise teach myself to not compare.

No comments:

Post a Comment