Sunday, August 7, 2011

Astuteness

So I think a lot. Some of my ponderings have no clear cut answer. Sometimes I think they don't but they really do once I ask Melissa.

For example, I asked her that if our national and global economy depends on continual circulation of currency, how is it that any financial advice (including that given by church leaders) stresses the importance of frugality, cutting down expenses, and saving for a rainy day. In essence how is it that personal financial interest conflicts with communal and global financial interest?

It's because we have an imperfect financial system. Oh. And it's the best that we can do for now.

In a perfect financial system, money would be consecrated from each according to ability back to each according to need. Everybody would have enough to meet individual needs comfortably. There are many occasions where this has been attempted and failed simply because people were too greedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment