Sunday, August 14, 2011

Ryan Came!

I guess we were pretty busy because it didn't seem like as long as I was expecting before Ryan joined us.  I was so happy to see him!  Vidalia on the other hand, seemed to not have any feelings at all.  The day we came, we went to visit Matt, Kyoko, Kei, and Sei (since that would be his only day to see them).  Matt was SO tired because he works dumb hours.  Kyoko was also tired (I think a combination of Sei and Matt's dumb hours).  So, we visited them for a while. 

Then, we packed up Kei and took him with us to see the Bingham Copper Mine.  I had seen it once before, but Ryan had never seen it.  The trucks there are HUGE.  There was a picture inside and we counted the steps to get from the ground to the driver's seat (not to the top, just the driver's seat).  There were 20!  Can you even imagine?  Keitatsu absolutely loved the trucks and pointed out every one he saw.  We read lots of stuff and watched a video.  It was a lot more interesting this time around.  I think it is because I now have an engineering background.  It reminds me how interesting I find engineering and makes me want to design things in my spare time, partly for fun and partly so I don't forget how to do what I've learned.  I think the fact that I even said that makes me an engineer.

While we were there, Vidalia peed through all her clothes.  My kind mother volunteered to clean it all up.  When she came back, V was wearing no pants and Keitatsu's shirt because V's genious mother forgot to pack a shirt or a onesie or anything like that.  Oh well.  After we left the Copper Mine, we couldn't locate our camera case.  My mother asked me if there was anything inside it.  I told her only a button.  (It had fallen off some clothing and I stuck it there and hadn't bothered to sew it back on yet.)  So, we drove back up and Ry and I started looking everywhere and found nothing.  I saw an employee and asked if there was a lost and found.  He asked what I was missing.  I told him a camera case.  He asked me what kind.  I told him it was a black Nikon, but that it didn't have a camera in it.  He said that he already knew that.  He went in a door and came back with the case.  Then he asked me if I wanted the button that was found near it.  I told him yes and secretly thought it was funny (although I may be the only one who finds that funny).

We ate lunch, took Kei home, and came back to my parents' house with enough time to spare for Ryan to go target shoot with my Dad's rifle in the backyard.  I think we covered most of the things Ryan had even thought of doing on vacation in the one day (camping excepted).

No comments:

Post a Comment