The day after we arrived in Utah, my parents and sisters were all going to girl's camp, so Vidalia and I went too.
On the first day, we woke up early, drove down to the church, had a little devotional, welcome to girl's camp meeting. After the meeting, we drove for a few hours to get to Smith's Fish Haven (fish farm turned camping ground) near Lava Hot Springs. We did first day stuff, set-up camp, certification, and then later we did skits. Well, more like, the girls did all this stuff and Vidalia layed on a blanket and got oodles of attention from like 400 girls (it was a stake girl's camp). I have a video of my sisters' skit. I think it was cute. I'll show it later.
The next day we went through rotation groups. The stake YW presidency talked to the girls, well, three of them talked to the girls, one did Zumba. It was kind of fun because we were high up in the mountains and dancing to music. It seemed kind of like Ninja training, if you know what I mean. After lunch, we went rafting on the river. My mom stayed with Vidalia so that I could go. My dad and I rode in a double tube. We hit lots of rocks. It was fun, but not that fun. I'm glad I went rafting. Then we went swimming. Vidalia loves swimming and she tires herself out really fast. Then the girls played games and hung out with their wards.
On the next day (our last day there, but not the actual last day) they did more certification. I don't know what happened after that because we left girl's camp and headed on our way to the Madsen family reunion.
On the first day, we woke up early, drove down to the church, had a little devotional, welcome to girl's camp meeting. After the meeting, we drove for a few hours to get to Smith's Fish Haven (fish farm turned camping ground) near Lava Hot Springs. We did first day stuff, set-up camp, certification, and then later we did skits. Well, more like, the girls did all this stuff and Vidalia layed on a blanket and got oodles of attention from like 400 girls (it was a stake girl's camp). I have a video of my sisters' skit. I think it was cute. I'll show it later.
The next day we went through rotation groups. The stake YW presidency talked to the girls, well, three of them talked to the girls, one did Zumba. It was kind of fun because we were high up in the mountains and dancing to music. It seemed kind of like Ninja training, if you know what I mean. After lunch, we went rafting on the river. My mom stayed with Vidalia so that I could go. My dad and I rode in a double tube. We hit lots of rocks. It was fun, but not that fun. I'm glad I went rafting. Then we went swimming. Vidalia loves swimming and she tires herself out really fast. Then the girls played games and hung out with their wards.
On the next day (our last day there, but not the actual last day) they did more certification. I don't know what happened after that because we left girl's camp and headed on our way to the Madsen family reunion.
No comments:
Post a Comment