We went to Niagara Falls and Palmyra yesterday. I'd been there before, but this was Ryan's first time. We saw the Palmyra Pageant. It was the last day of its showing for this year.
Ryan says to tell you that Niagara Falls was fun and there was a lot of water. It was a little smaller than he expected. We stood next to the river and he could see how shallow it was. After Niagara Falls the water drains into Lake Ontario (which he still has yet to go swimming in).
Ryan also says Palmyra was fun. We saw where Joseph Smith lived as a boy and his family lived there too. We went to the Sacred Grove, which is a very happy, peaceful place. While we were there, we saw Laila and Peter and her mom. That was fun too. I rambled a little too much to them about liking to stalk people on facebook. :) The sacred grove was a very special experience. What made it especially good was sharing it with each other.
We also visited the printing house where the first copies of The Book of Mormon were made. We didn't know that it took more than 2 years to make 5,000 copies, but in reality, it did! We're glad to be members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The last thing we did was watch the Hill Cumorah Pageant. You'll have to see it sometime. I think that you should visit Palmyra at least twice, once at pageant time, once not at pageant time. More times is good too. I've been there several times. I don't even know how many several is and I'll be going again sometime! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment