I bought this lovely piece of furniture at the DI.
I know, right? I also have no clue what it was used for and I'm convinced it's missing pieces. That doesn't matter though because we then proceeded to do this.
I thought it would be a good idea to start this project at my parents' house because:
- They are expert at this sort of thing.
- They have fancy saws (conveniently already set-up in their garage because they had just finished installing their new wood floor).
- I knew we'd be driving back to Nebraska and it would be able to come with me. (I guess this is kind of a biggy.)
- My parents have done so many crafts and projects and so many things most people hire other people for that their skills (and supplies) seem to be endless. (They of course are not actually endless.)
Um...I'm fairly certain my mother is not going to be in love with this picture of herself, but I just like it. I think she's so beautiful!
By the way, that wood (leftover from the hard wood floor) my mom is drilling in...so impossible. Neither my mother nor I could screw anything into it or through it and had to get my Dad (who is much stronger than us) to do all parts involved with that wood for us. I guess it is called hard wood for a reason.
Vidalia was in love with this project and wanted to help. (By the way, have you figured out what it is yet?)
And this is how it looked when we brought it to Nebraska.
I know you were dying to see tons of pictures of a piece of furniture. Don't worry. There will be more in future posts, since this is not done.
Oh and I said projects, the other project is that shelf I made a model for. We cut the wood and found hardware at my parents' house. I still have some more supplies to buy and the entire thing to build. It will be simple, so its post won't have nearly as many pictures.
P.S. If you haven't figured it out yet, it's a toy kitchenette.
So cool! We have wooden play kitchens in the toddler classes at my work and the kids love them...I never dreamed of making one at home though! So neat that you saw such awesome potential in that odd DI shelf.
ReplyDelete