Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Day We Flew to Utah

On March 19th Vidalia and I flew to Utah.  We were supposed to be on the 1:35pm flight, but we missed it.  At the time I was so upset about it.  Some other recent events in my life kind of predisposed me to being upset about...well, everything.  I'm dealing much better with everything now than I was one month ago.  I'm able to see "bad things" as more of an opportunity than as the rudest thing that could have occurred in my life just now.  I think that would be a good way to describe my mental state last month.  I'm glad that we have enough control in our lives to deal with things that are out of our control.  That's not what this post is about though.

The day we flew to Utah ended up being pretty fun.  (After getting over missing the flight.)  Ryan took Vidalia and I to the Kanesville Tabernacle.  We had seen it once before and I never get pictures of it for some reason.  When I go there AND get pictures, it will probably become a "Things To Do In Lincoln" post.  Even though it's actually in Iowa and Lincoln is not.  That's not important is it?  Anyhow, we had a pretty good time and looked for our ancestors who were part of the Mormon Battalion and had some histories printed out.  I also got to play with the organ in the tabernacle.  Always fun.

Afterward we went to golden corral in Iowa, just over the Missouri River.  It was crazy how different accents were in that little town just over the river.

We let Vidalia go to town on chocolate fondue.  We tried to keep her clean and wipe her face between every bite.  I only took pictures of that.  If I hadn't been trying to keep her from making a huge mess, I could have captured how funny everyone (including Vidalia and us) thought she was.  I gave her the giant toothpick thing to take bites off of.  She thought that was so great.





Eventually when it was almost the next day, we arrived.


No comments:

Post a Comment