I know I've been posting things like crazy, but I suspect there will soon be a dry spell (could be wrong). So here is just one more for now.
Vidalia is now 1, which means she got to go to the doctor again for more shots (Yay?). The doctor praised her for getting through 12 months without coming in for anything, but wellness appointments. She of course, had no clue and desperately tried to get the doctor's stethoscope and necklace. She was really friendly to the doctor. I was surprised (since she was cold to the nurse about 2 minutes before). She got her shots and cried for only a few seconds. I think this little girl has a really high pain tolerance; not such a tolerance for being held still though.
Vidalia is now 1, which means she got to go to the doctor again for more shots (Yay?). The doctor praised her for getting through 12 months without coming in for anything, but wellness appointments. She of course, had no clue and desperately tried to get the doctor's stethoscope and necklace. She was really friendly to the doctor. I was surprised (since she was cold to the nurse about 2 minutes before). She got her shots and cried for only a few seconds. I think this little girl has a really high pain tolerance; not such a tolerance for being held still though.
Stats
Height: 29.75 inches (67%)
Weight: 20 lbs. 13 oz. (42%)
Head: 18.25 inches (82%)
Yep, she's still growing. She's such an amazing baby. We've had huge improvements in her sleeping schedule. She now has a regular bedtime and somewhat regular nap time. She takes one nap a day. I think she would stay up all day if I didn't tell her to nap and put her in her crib though and that would be no fun for anyone because she gets REALLY grumpy with no nap. I don't know when is normal to go to no naps, but I know it's not 1. She feeds herself like crazy and is glad to eat almost anything. She is now trying to walk (still maxing at 9 steps, but has done 9 quite a few times). She takes the most steps when we aren't trying to encourage her. When we try to get her to walk, she gets so excited and hyper that she bounces around and tries to run and pretty much trips before her foot even moves. It's cute of her to be so excited to play with us (and she always is). She says hi all the time. We decided it's not her first word since it doesn't exactly sound like hi, but everyone does seem to gather what she means. We went to recovery last night. She kept popping her head up over the side of the table and screaming hi to everyone (not as distracting as it sounds, she was actually quite good). Plus she's a baby and everyone likes her, so she's allowed to be annoying. She does so many many things and I can't think of them now. Y'all will just have to see for yourself sometime, but she's a cutie (and has many more teeth than the pictures in the last post; hat was about 6 months ago, afterall).

I'll tell you, 2 isn't the age when they stop napping either. Naomi still takes a nap every day. And she needs it too. Congrats on getting a sleeping schedule! And she really is cute. One year olds are always allowed to be annoying because it's more cute than obnoxious. :)
ReplyDelete