Saturday, January 7, 2012

Things To Do In Lincoln #10

I'm guessing nobody noticed, but there seems to be no Things To Do In Lincoln #10, it skips from 9 to 11.  Oops!  I'll make two quick posts to make up for it I guess, since we recently did 2 things in Lincoln.

So, with no further adieu, something you can do in Lincoln is visit The Burkholder Project.  Cool?  Well, if you like art, then yes.  Do we like art?  Well, some.  So did we think it was cool?  Well, we agreed it was meh, however, I don't think the meh was for the art...

This is how it went down.  We heard they were having a free gallery showing, so we drove downtown, popped Vidalia in the stroller, and went to the building conveniently labeled "Burkholder Project".  We walk up the ramp to enter and find narrow hallways and so so so so many people.  I think to myself, "Stroller?  What was I thinking?"  We wait by the smokers until there's a clearing and take a step inside.

Inside there is a narrow hallway to the left or a narrow staircase to the right, I once again think to myself, "Awesome stroller idea.  This thing seems HUGE right now!"  We wait for the stairs to clear and then Ry grabs the front and I grab the back.

Upstairs I focus hugely on how close Vidalia is to any art.  Luckily paintings were up too far for her to grab.  She was fascinated, by the way, all the people, all the colors, a weird new place.

Some people seemed to be giving us kudos for bringing a baby to an art gallery, others glared at us.  I decided to just ignore all of them.  It made my life a more pleasant one.

For the record, we went up two staircases and down two staircases.  We've carried Vidalia in her stroller up and down stairs before, but this was certainly still a unique circumstance for us.

Vidalia did have a favorite of all the gallery pieces, it was aluminum sheets (maybe 4 inches wide) that looked like they had been stamped and were wound into giant wedding bands.  She kept pointing and pointing at them and saying, "Da!  Da da!"  (Same sounds as doll, not dad.)

Overall, we had an enjoyable time and we would do it again probably.  Even though we rated it meh.




P.S.  I forgot the camera and took pictures with my phone...can you tell?

No comments:

Post a Comment