Tuesday, January 17, 2012

SO EXCITED!!!

Remember how I had some good news in November about being on a waiting list?  Well, that waiting list was for some fabulous housing I desperately want.  (Three different places, each place had 3 or 4 different options that would work well for us.)

I've called them a few times to check our statuses.  (Statuses because when I said we were on the waiting list, what I really meant was we were on 6 waiting lists.)  I last called them last week, they told me that we were within the top 10 for 3 of the waiting lists (the more expensive ones, which we were willing to take just to move) and between 30 and 40 on the other, cheaper waiting lists.  They told us to expect a call at any time for the more expensive and it would probably be at least 6 to 12 months before we heard about the cheaper ones.

We received the call we've been waiting for today and couldn't be happier about it...seriously.  It was a call for the cheaper rent and happened to be the cheapest possible apartment available.  She informed me that we were the 34th family they've called, but that people have not been able to take it for when it's available.  We, on the other hand, are super available, so it defaults to us.  We are SO SO happy.  There is one tiny chance we won't be able to move there.  We have to fit in the right bracket to qualify.  (I'm 99.9% positive we do, since we did not lie about anything when we filled out our application and nothing has really changed either.)  So...we should be moving to our new place in March.  It is well-taken care of, a great set-up, equipped with everything we could dream of (pretty much) and is bigger than where we currently live (all on one floor this time).  

In short, we are feeling very blessed and appreciate the chance we've had to live where we do now.  It helps us remember how good we've had it in the past and helps us appreciate our future place.

If you would like to check out what will probably be our new apartment, look here http://www.woodbridgelincoln.com/apartment-2-bedroom-1-bath-lower-level/.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! That's great news. I've been thinking how important it is for a stay at home mom to like her house. That's where we always are. We really like having a 1-story. So much easier for everything.

    ReplyDelete