A year ago this time was kind of a crazy time in my life. I wasn't used to having any time to do what I wanted...and the time I had previously used to do whatever I wanted was usually acquired at the rationalization that I couldn't JUST do homework and that a few incomplete assignments would never make me fail. (I just want to add that this is one rationalization I still agree with in hind sight, maybe even more so than at the time.)
This year I'm trying to keep lists of the things I do (things I make, read, other things if I think of it). I wouldn't have ever considered having enough time to have much to put on these lists, but I had plenty of time this last year and got a few things done. I looked very quickly through all of our pictures to see what I could show you. In no particular order:
This year I'm trying to keep lists of the things I do (things I make, read, other things if I think of it). I wouldn't have ever considered having enough time to have much to put on these lists, but I had plenty of time this last year and got a few things done. I looked very quickly through all of our pictures to see what I could show you. In no particular order:
Vidalia's blessing dress. Started 2010, finished 2011.
First pair of shoes ever. (I kind of got obsessed with making these.)
Diaper (so much cheaper to make than buy...)
Food doesn't usually count, but these cookies were cool and didn't make it onto the Halloween post for some reason.
Tree Skirt
Felt Board (many figures to come this year)
These boots (made up the pattern and everything).
Garden. (We endorse for effort in this family.)
V's 4th of July outfit. Quite literally from head to toe.
The shirt I'm wearing. I didn't have a pattern and it turned out...okay. Cute, but uncomfortable. Notice how it looks kind of funny. I tried to fix the uncomfortable and totally cut the wrong part of the shirt and then tried to cover it up.
An FHE chart.
These three costumes.











How did you learn how to sew? I like sewing, but I want to learn more.
ReplyDeleteOh yeah, I think V's 4th of July outfit is adorable.
ReplyDelete