Friday, January 13, 2012

Green Onion


I read on pinterest that if you stick a bunch of green onions in a glass of water they will keep growing and keep growing and keep growing.  So I tried it and it did in fact keep growing and growing.  The above picture is about 1 week after I used all of the onions (all except the bottom white part).  I was impressed with their growing and impressed that this worked in the middle of winter when I usually didn't open the blinds, so sunlight was seriously limited.  Awesome!  And then a little while later, it all grew mold and I threw it away.  Not so awesome.  I think I will try again sometime.  Maybe one more time in just water and maybe another time planting the onion I buy in dirt.  

Note: This would have worked better if I had bought several bunches of onions and filled several cups completely full.  Then I would have been able to use it as much as I like.

Thanks again to pinterest where I get entirely too many ideas of what I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment