Over Martin Luther King Jr. Day weekend we were able to go and see and play with the Armstrongs in Missouri. We had so much fun and it was so good to just see family. I tried to post all these pictures (there are tons) chronologically. So, here's how it went down. On Saturday we drove about 3.5, maybe 4 hours to Kansas City. We were planning on meeting up for lunch, but left a little late and so instead met at the Toy & Miniature Museum. It was pretty cool. It had lots of miniature things. I don't know what everyone's favorites were, but mine was the miniature instruments and Vidalia's was the room full of Barbies. (We spent most of our time in that room trying to convince her we had thoroughly seen it. She's so in love with dolls lately.) And I may be wrong, but I think Nita loved the museum most of anyone. We ran a few quick errands in Kansas City and then headed to Independence.
We stopped at the LDS Visitor's center across the street from the Community of Christ Temple, the seashell temple if that helps. It wasn't as big looking from the outside as I was expecting, but it was still a cool building. We had wanted to tour the inside, but it was closed. We went on a tour and I was able to find out that one of my old roommates was currently serving at the Libery Jail Visitor's Center about 15 minutes away. I noted it and we headed on our way the last 2 hours to Andy and Nita's house.
We played with kids and played games with adults and just enjoyed the fact that we were with family. It made we wish we were closer than we are, but as it is, we're glad we are as close as we are.
Sunday we went to church (Ryan, Vidalia, and I attended Junior Primary with Andy, James, and Finn). It was fun.
On Monday, I forgot to take the camera with us on our outside adventure. It started with a little nature walk (James and Finn on bikes, Mae and V in strollers). We walked by a pond. It was frozen. Naturally it became an obsessive throw rocks and try to break the ice thing. So fun. I wish I had had my camera. Before we headed back to their house, we went to see Andy's office. Oh and I forgot to mention it was a remarkably warm day. We wore short sleeves. No jackets. Worth noting: In a video below I have the boys tell me what we did, since I forgot the camera and couldn't take pictures. In part of it I tried to be like Andy and I said, "At your dad's works we saw pi- pi- pi-..." in which case one of them, I think Finn, finishes my word by saying, "ducks!" (We didn't see ducks there, we saw pillars. Ends up they don't know that word.)
On the way home on Monday, we decided to stop at the Liberty Jail. My old roommate was on exchanges and thus not there. It was fun. Also note worthy: The last part of the tour they play a story of sorts. It starts kind of dark and then ends on a really happy joyful note. When it started, Vidalia got really nervous and scared and was wanting to sit on my lap. By the end, she was on the floor dancing, bouncing, and cheering like crazy. It seemed she knew exactly what was going on. It was adorable!
By the time we returned home, it had turned from a very nice day to a very much colder day. They were forecasting snow in Lincoln. We got home. Unpacked everything. Got Vidalia to bed. And then sometime between then and us going to bed, it did snow. Nice of it to wait for us.
Note: Some videos are really dark. I have no idea why.




































No comments:
Post a Comment