In February Vidalia took her first face dive into asphalt. It looked really terrible. We went to the grocery store to get her popsicles to try and get the swelling to go down so we could figure out if her face was doctor worthy or not. We ran into someone in our ward there who took us to her mother's house who told us we didn't need to take her to the doctor and then provided us with everything we needed that we didn't have to take care of her face. Wasn't that nice? We were glad we didn't need to take her to the doctor. I should have taken pictures the night it happened. Once she stopped being sad, I kind of laughed every time I looked at her. Her bottom lip was giant, her smile was WAY crooked, and her singing and dancing looked extra hilarious with her awkward looking lip.
All the pictures I took were the morning after when her lip was barely swollen, but it seriously was terrible looking. Sad for parents, even ones who decide it's kind of funny looking. Don't worry, we've taken steps to avoid future face to the asphalt with her (AKA Children with both hands in pockets walking in a parking lot (or anywhere) is such a terrible idea!)
All the pictures I took were the morning after when her lip was barely swollen, but it seriously was terrible looking. Sad for parents, even ones who decide it's kind of funny looking. Don't worry, we've taken steps to avoid future face to the asphalt with her (AKA Children with both hands in pockets walking in a parking lot (or anywhere) is such a terrible idea!)

No comments:
Post a Comment