One thing I've been really impressed with Vidalia about is she learns to speak is her use of pronouns. I can't remember her messing them up like I expected. It's never been "hold you" or anything like that. In fact, she usually says, "Mama, will you hold me?" I told her once to repeat what I was saying and say to my sister, "Your clothes are cute!" She looked at her clothes and repeated to my sister while showing her the clothes she was wearing, "My clothes are cute!" That being said, I recently got Apples A to Z from the library. It's really nothing special. Just an ABC book that I think is cute. Today I showed it to Vidalia. She wouldn't let me actually read it to her, but she liked when I pointed to the main letter for the page and had her repeat it and then show me where they all are. I let her choose which pages we were looking at, so we didn't do all the letters, but we did do both U and W. I pointed to the U and said, "U." She matter-of-factly repeated, "Me." I laughed and she got mad. And each time pointed to the U and said me. When we got to W she did the same thing. I said W she repeated double me. Funny girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment