Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Easter

We spent Easter in North Ogden.  We took Vidalia to North Ogden Park for the Kiwanas Easter Egg Hunt.  That hunt lasts all of 5 seconds and then you spend 10 minutes in line waiting for candy.  Vidalia loved it just the same.  It's the same hunt I used to go to growing up and it wasn't all that different either.

On Sunday we had an egg hunt at my grandparent's house.  Vidalia liked that hunt even better because she got to find about a million (20 or so) eggs.  She thought finding eggs was such a fun thing.

We enjoyed being with family and otherwise having a low key holiday.  I like Easter for being more low key than Christmas.  It makes me think that I want most holidays to be less artificial and less superficial and more meaningful.  I especially want Christmas to be more that way.  Holidays have WAY too much hype and WAY too much candy.  So this Easter I decided I want to keep holidays simple.














No comments:

Post a Comment