Saturday, May 5, 2012

Things To Do In Lincoln #16

Pioneers Park.

Since we first moved here, Ryan has been somewhat insistent about going to Pioneers Park.  I was baffled why.  It's not exactly a park close to where we were living and another park was just across the street.  When my family was visiting, we found a pamphlet for Pioneers Park and I (as well as my family) were quickly convinced it would be a fabulous place to go see.  We were right.  I wish we had gone earlier so that we could have had more time to walk around.  The word Park is somewhat deceiving...it's really...hundreds of acres?  I don't remember.  There's a nature center and they refuge injured animals there.  There are lots of trails to walk along and many beautiful plants and birds.  They even have an injured bald eagle.  Those birds are bigger than I ever thought.





























No comments:

Post a Comment