The second weekend in April we decided we were going to go visit Uncle David and his family and attend the Kansas City Temple Open House. The week before that particular weekend was the same week we found out our car needed ridiculously expensive repairs. I asked the mechanic about how long the car would be running for. He said he couldn't say exactly how long, but guaranteed me it would be NOT LONG AT ALL. (I think that may be the most terrible thing to hear about a car. I think I have heard it from mechanics more times than really makes any sense. Usually they're very right too.) We debated renting a car to go and decided the extra cost would not be worth it. Ryan went to his boss to cancel his vacation time and his boss asked him why he wasn't going. He explained the car situation and his boss offered his car (on terms that it was alright with his wife). Is that not the nicest thing ever? We accepted and continued with our plans.
Wow. That is one SERIOUSLY nice boss! I'm glad you got to go! How was the open house?
ReplyDelete