We arranged to attend the Kansas City Temple Open House with my good friend Cathryn and her family. I was maybe a little bit excited about that since it had been over a year since I had seen her and I had never met her baby Luke. We ordered some barbecue (we were in Kansas City afterall), ate at a park, and then went to the open house. I wish we were a little bit closer to each other so we could visit sometimes. That being said, Cathryn, if you're ever driving to Utah, I know a great, free place to stay in Nebraska. ;)
Cathryn, Luke, and Scott
Vidalia stole Luke’s toys pretty much the whole
day. I think it may in part be because
some awesome parents brought toys and some other parents didn’t.
Luke trying out the grass.
I like the way that Luke doesn’t seem to know what
to think about V stealing his toys.
You can’t tell, but Vidalia stole another toy of
Luke’s. (Some other parents also forgot
a stroller. We did so great at
forgetting things this trip.)
The temple was beautiful. I loved the olive tree theme incorporated throughout
the temple.
I doubled up some slippers to put over Vidalia’s
shoes.
Vidalia even ended up stealing the stroller by the
end.
Thanks for meeting us there. It was good to see you.
I LOVE Vidalia's adorable shirt!
ReplyDeleteI know Cathryn has said this before, but the three of us need to make a plan to meet in Chicago! Or maybe in Nauvoo. :)
ReplyDeleteThat would be so much fun...it will have to be a quite distant plan for us though, our finances are pretty much shot for a while. I guess 3 cars in 3 years will do that to you.
Delete