We've been having some really interesting (and amazingly lovely) weather here this winter. Pretty much, I've been in love with it. On Monday, it was in the 70s. As I have already mentioned, we went to the park and it was swarming with people dressed in summer attire. The next two days were also lets take walks, play outside, go to the park days as well.
Notice: Short sleeves, capris, and boots (only because I felt bad about her bare feet). She pulled them off and I stuck them in the back of the stroller. So really capris and boots. That's how we've been rolling this Winter.
Yesterday it rained and rained and rained. The whole day. Apparently it's important to the farmers that it rains around here. I can deal with that.
Last night at midnight, it was still raining.
This morning we woke up and, well, lets just say we were snowed-in and running late.
Don't be fooled that this doesn't look like a lot of snow. Notice how much of the mail boxes you can see. I think I took this picture around 10:30 this morning. I happen to know the walk had been shoveled twice. Someday when I upload the few pictures I took with the camera (if they're any good) I'll show what it was really like. Let's just say there was 13 inches of snow at 10 am. We went out and played. We got Vidalia all bundled up, walked outside and stuck her in the a giant snow pile. She seemed to think it was funny at first. Ryan needed to be at work at 11, so we pulled out the shovel to start moving snow from behind the car. That's when I thought to myself, "This is dangerous. Why is he going to work?" I convinced him it was a bad day to work. He made some calls and that was that. He was feeling a little guilty about it at first, but it helped to find out that all of his TR co-workers had also called in and nobody was running groups today. It must have been a really boring day for the patients at the LRC. As for us though, we did so many fun things. We cleaned and played with the baby and did dishes and watched part of a debate (and came to the conclusion that we can pretty much predict what all the candidates will say after how many of the debates we've seen) and played in the snow.
We tried to take Vidalia sledding...on the pilates mat, since we don't have a sled. She thought it was fun at first, but inevitably after a few seconds she would fall over. We tried to sled in our backyard, but the snow was so deep (at least 2 feet by this time) that it just wasn't working. We remembered we owned inner tubes, but by the time it was blown up, Vidalia was done. This was her first snow experience. Success! She liked it. She's also just one, so playing wasn't as long as Ry and I would have liked.
Lessons from this Saturday...
- It's so fun to have Ryan home on a Saturday just because that I almost wish this had not happened.
- If there is only one or two good snow storms each winter and they're not long-lived then Winter and I might get along (like this year) or maybe I should just move.
- It's a thousand times easier to actually get things picked up and cleaned and put-away with Ryan's help.


No comments:
Post a Comment