The good news is that this bad news does not invalidate any of the good news I've told you.
The bad news is that it took me 3 minutes to type that last sentence. :(
A couple days ago Vidalia poured milk into this laptop (it is our only one that connects to the internet).
Good news is it survived. Bad news is not without some very annoying paralysis, like hitting each key several times until it responds how you expect. I guess we'll be getting a new computer sooner than I was planning.
Updates currently on hold.
Oh, and does anyone know the proper way to dispose of a computer?
The bad news is that it took me 3 minutes to type that last sentence. :(
A couple days ago Vidalia poured milk into this laptop (it is our only one that connects to the internet).
Good news is it survived. Bad news is not without some very annoying paralysis, like hitting each key several times until it responds how you expect. I guess we'll be getting a new computer sooner than I was planning.
Updates currently on hold.
Oh, and does anyone know the proper way to dispose of a computer?
We gave ours to Best Buy to recycle. They made us give them $10 but then they gave us a $10 gift card to Best Buy.
ReplyDeleteHi Melissa,
ReplyDeleteYou might want to try airing it out for a few days. Leave it opened and don't touch it at all. Whenever you touch it you send water deeper into the electronic components of the computer making it worse. Christian has poured water/juice/milk on phones, ipads, laptops, basically anything electronic. He has broken a couple phones, but I've been able to save the laptop, ipad and 2 phones.
Staples took ours free of charge. Took it in, gave it to them, and that was that. Before you do it though, you'll want to reformat the hard drive, i.e. remove all your data.
ReplyDelete