I got paid a wonderful compliment! A nice lady in church paid me this through Vidalia (isn't it funny how we adults communicate through children, especially ones that can't talk?)
She told Vidalia that if you she can grow up with Melissa's beauty and my sense of humor she'll be all set. Well, Melissa is beautiful that's obvious, is it possible someone could fail to notice how strikingly gorgeous she is?
But me having a noticeable sense of humor, that I was unaware of. I know that I do in fact laugh. I did not know that it was anything noticeable. I love humor! It is based on a feeling of security and if properly used can affirm a sense of well-being and peace. Humor truly is our best friend.
Aren't compliments great? And especially great is when I can take an insult as a compliment. Insults are just an invitation for me to consider what the person said and reaffirm the truth.
So all, if you're thinking something nice about someone that just might give them a boost and build their confidence, say it! That's the kind of world I want to live in. :)
She told Vidalia that if you she can grow up with Melissa's beauty and my sense of humor she'll be all set. Well, Melissa is beautiful that's obvious, is it possible someone could fail to notice how strikingly gorgeous she is?
But me having a noticeable sense of humor, that I was unaware of. I know that I do in fact laugh. I did not know that it was anything noticeable. I love humor! It is based on a feeling of security and if properly used can affirm a sense of well-being and peace. Humor truly is our best friend.
Aren't compliments great? And especially great is when I can take an insult as a compliment. Insults are just an invitation for me to consider what the person said and reaffirm the truth.
So all, if you're thinking something nice about someone that just might give them a boost and build their confidence, say it! That's the kind of world I want to live in. :)
+1? What does that mean? I just assume you are also paying me a compliment and I accept!
ReplyDelete