Thursday, February 16, 2012

Vidalia's Recent Obsessions

Lately Vidalia has been obsessed with headbands and dolls and not getting out of her crib when she's done napping.  I put my hands out to her to pick her up and she points to the dolls on the floor and grunts and says "Da da da!" until I put them in the crib for her.  Then she hugs them and kisses them and holds them on her shoulder.  I really don't know exactly where she learned this.  We only interact with other children at church (for the most part) and only once have we watched a little baby at our house and he was quite content to not be held most of the time.  Anyhow, she suddenly loves dolls.  It just kind of shows me that some gender things are in fact inborn.  We didn't push dolls on her.  She plays with stereotypical boy things too, but some things she does are just girly and for no reason I can see.

Headbands she doesn't particularly like to keep on her head, except that she loves to pick out a headband and have me put it on her head.  She then immediately picks another and I put that on her head and then another and another etc. until we get close to having no more head bands.  So funny of her.  She looks silly and I think she knows too.  I've showed her in the mirror and she just laughs and then pulls them off.  She's such a funny girl.  Oh, and since we're talking about cribs, she still likes to pick up her blankets and hand them to us (or throw them on the floor) before getting out of bed, though when she plays in her crib before getting out, she often forgets.






Disclaimer: I know some of these pictures are just terrible.  I used my phone and she wouldn't stay still.  You know how it goes, right?


1 comment:

  1. Cute post. Dolls are the best!

    Whenever I try to take pictures of Laura with my phone I get blurry pictures too. I have to use our regular camera on the motion setting to have any hope of getting a good in-focus picture.

    ReplyDelete