Friday, February 10, 2012

Little Lambs and Eager Beavers

One of Ryan's co-workers has been inviting us to bring Vidalia to her church (Seventh Day Adventist) for an age appropriate Bible Study Group for quite a while now.  It's called Little Lambs and Eager Beavers.  Apparently girls are lambs and boy are beavers.  Who knew?  We finally made it this week.

Vidalia had a lot of fun.  There were three other kids there and they were all 2 or 3.  The other kids liked Vidalia and she liked them too.  One of the boys was super cute to her.  He walked up to me and said, "I think the baby wants to come color by me."  I told him he was right and that's exactly what Vidalia did.  And by exactly, well, Vidalia doesn't get coloring.  Sometimes I think it's more that it's not interesting to her.  She'll do a little bit of scribbling, but what she would rather do is take the crayons out and put them back in over and over again.

Anyhow, they had a little lesson, a couple little activities, and then just played a lot.  They had a giant horse and all the kids took turns riding it.  It was super fun for them.  They gave us a schedule.  Perhaps we'll go back again sometime.



We like to make sure that when people invite us to things that are not part of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints that we attend.  (Unless it interferes with ours, of course.)  I feel the same way about literature as well.  When I give someone a Book of Mormon, I give it to them because I honestly care about them.  I want them to read it and come to know what I know.  To know how much they are worth and the amazing plan that Heavenly Father has created for us and made possible for us through Jesus Christ.  I really expect people to take me seriously about religion, so I do the same with others and their religions.  (The only exceptions being: I will not participate with anything that conflicts with my morals and values or makes me feel creepy and any literature or talk that is anti-anything is never taken seriously by me.  If you want to convince me that something is good, show it to me, don't try to prove to me that it is better than everything else.  If it is better than everything else, it will do that for itself.) 

The end of my religious Saga.

No comments:

Post a Comment