We had so much fun yesterday celebrating the independence of America. It all started with a ward breakfast. We went to a park and visited with ward members. Vidalia got to play with Eva. She's one month older and I tell her mother all the time that they're going to be best friends. She just agrees. It was cute to watch them. I'm sure it will be even cuter when they understand how to interact with each other, but right now they both seem to do best with children who are a little older and entertaining. (That or watching each others hands and feet moving.) We had a lovely time. The weather was perfect. Not too hot. Not too cold. Light, but overcast.
Later that day we went to a barbecue. It was nice. Ryan climbed a tree and I played bocce ball. We played on teams. Mine lost.
In the early evening, we switched locations to do fireworks.
Side note: Lincolnites are crazy about fireworks. They love love love LOVE them! Seriously more than anyone I've ever met. About half way through last week, it sounded like thunder, but there were no storms. Now I know it was fireworks. They do them every night for at least a week it seems. Ryan and I took a walk to watch them one of the nights. I joke that we should never buy fireworks, just lawn chairs. Then yesterday, they did them the entire day. This baffled me. Why do fireworks in the daylight, don't you want to see them? I think we have figured out why though. They have so many that they can just keep going and going. I don't hear any now, but rest assured, I heard them as I was going to sleep and I don't know what time they stopped. I'm told there will still be fireworks for a few more days. I guess I don't hear them now because people are at work? This doesn't bother me. I love fireworks (not love love love LOVE), but I do quite like them. Like is a better word. We didn't buy any at all. End of side note.
Here's all the cuteness and fun that was all around us.
So, I guess we must have been among the crazies because we did fireworks for at least three hours and when we left, there were still some more fireworks to be done. Can you even imagine? And all sorts of fireworks are legal here (I have been informed that this is the case in Utah this year as well). All in all, it was really fun. There were tons of kids. It was fun for me to see the 4th of July from a parent perspective and have decided that the 4th of July is probably funnest when you have children who are old enough to be excited about fireworks, but scared enough to not be dumb and young enough to be excited about fireworks, but scared enough to not be dumb.















No comments:
Post a Comment