So, it's true that Vidalia is an onion and it's true that that's where we got her name. When I was probably 13 I saw a bag of Vidalia Onions in the grocery store and decided I liked the name Vidalia. I must, since I convinced Ryan we should name our first child that. I'm thinking I should tell people that we named her after Vidalia, the city in Georgia.
I guess that wouldn't help much, since that's what they are known for and (if you didn't notice) they're quite proud of their onions. In fact, every year they have a Vidalia Onion Festival! (One year we're going to take Vidalia and tell her the festival is all about her. They pronounce it different then we do though...Georgia = Vi-dale-ya (long i), We = Vi-dahl-lia (short i)...we're just going to tell her it's they're accents. I hope she thinks it's fun. When do you think is old enough but still young enough?)
Well, now that I've explained that the actual onion is pronounced different than my daughter, here are two songs written about my daughter. This first one is a country song by Sammy Kershaw entitled (I'll let you guess) Vidalia. The second is an Andrew Bird song, also titled Vidalia. Wow! She's popular already! ;)





No comments:
Post a Comment