Sunday, February 6, 2011

The $3 Stick

Yesterday my mother bought Ryan and I a gift...that is correct...a $3 stick.  She said it would be very useful and could make a good weapon.  Boy was she right.

After purchasing the stick (cylindrical, maybe a 1 inch diameter, and 4 feet long), we left the store.  My mother bravely tried to prevent injuries from the stick and moved it in the cart.  Actually, I think it went something like this...

- Kathy-Mom moves the stick
- "I just didn't want it to hit me in the head."
- Within seconds the stick whams Kathy-Mom on the head.  She was right!  What a fabulous weapon.

A few minutes later when I tried to remove the stick from the cart, it got stuck.  I pulled it really hard and hit my knuckles against the cart, tricky stick.  (Once again a good weapon.)

When we picked Ryan up from work we decided to have him play 20 questions to figure out what our present was.  After a few questions he had figured out that it was a cylindrical piece of wood.  He couldn't figure out what it was though.  We gave him hints at this point, such as, it IS a cylindrical  piece of wood, a cylinder made of wood, and what not.  He figured it out when we used it to prop the jeep's back door.

1 comment:

  1. The stick has been voted the #1 toy of the past century too.

    ReplyDelete