There's something very therapeutic for me about growing plants. I don't really know a lot about it and I don't think I have a particularly green thumb, but watching and helping nature take it's course is a beautiful process. It gives me something to care for and teach Vidalia about without having to worry about something like an animal to care for and plants add beauty to places where only plainness was found before. I love it.
This year, we planted some flowers. The management said we could plant things in the ground, but not vegetables or berries. So, this is our first time ever growing flowers.
This year, we planted some flowers. The management said we could plant things in the ground, but not vegetables or berries. So, this is our first time ever growing flowers.
We are allowed to plant fruits and vegetable plants in pots, so we bought some hanging pots and planted strawberries.
We also bought a big pot and planted a cherry tomato.
We have some herb pots for inside too. We planted green onions (bought them from the
grocery store and put them in dirt, actually), cilantro (which has been the
funnest to watch grow), chives (which don’t seem to want to grow), and pepper
plants (Ryan got 2 for free from a conference and I happened to have 2 empty
herb pots, that’s how they got their home).
And so that’s how we’re doing our garden this year.
I like your garden, but oh man, I LOVE your yellow pots!
ReplyDelete