Friday, December 9, 2011

Vidalia

Vidalia has been doing more and more cool things all the time, so I thought I would give you an 11 1/2-ish month update.  Well, partial update.

She's been doing some pretty cute tricks for a while now.  It started mostly with clapping her hands and folding her arms, but it seems like suddenly she can learn multiple tricks in a day.  I think one of her biggest accomplishments lately is verbal cues.  And man, this little baby is one very cooperative little baby.  I think it's because she's a people person and likes attention.

This is how it goes (and someday I will upload a video for you with some of these)...

We say, "Vidalia, fold your arms."

Vidalia folds her arms.


We say, "Good job baby."

Vidalia claps her hands.  

(Clapping her hands happens whenever she does what we asked, so I won't repeat it over and over...you're welcome.)

We say, "Can you put your hands above your head?"

Vidalia lifts her hands up above her head (they do now reach above her head a just barely).


We say, "Baby, cough."

Vidalia coughs and sometimes coughs and coughs.  All fake though.


We say, "Say, Hi!"

Vidalia flaps her arm up and down and sometimes says, "Hiyayayayayaya."

We say, "Say, bye bye."

That baby says hi all over again.


We walk in the door.


That baby looks like it's the best day of her life and flaps her hi arm like crazy and giggles like you are the greatest person ever.


Ryan leaves to work.


Vidalia waves at the door.


I try to walk outside with out her.


She waves and starts to panic.  (Don't worry.  I don't leave her unless I'm just grabbing something from the garage, which is literally 5 feet from the door.)

We say, "Baby, give me a kiss?"

That baby bites me on the face.  We don't do this often.  And this baby...yep, a biter.

We pretend something is funny.


Vidalia fake laughs as if she knew what was going on the whole time.  (So funny.)


We say, "Baby, shake your head?"

That head goes crazy.  And with a huge toothy grin too.


We say, "Dance, baby!"

That baby bops up and down doing the baby dance.


We snap our tongue.  She snaps her tongue.


I poke her with my finger and say, "Poke!".  She grabs my finger and pokes herself again...and again and again.


And new as of today, I say, "Baby, can you blow a kiss?"

And that baby kisses her hand and quickly removes it from her mouth.  So cute!


I'm pretty sure y'all need to see this baby.  She's a charmer and has been known to be called pleasant and delightful to have around (and not just by me...or Ryan).


3 comments:

  1. aw shoot. I really wish I could see it all in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post and smiled a lot - even if you did tell me a lot of this earlier today on the phone. Can't wait to see her again.

    ReplyDelete