Christmas was good for us this year. It started with Christmas Eve. Ryan had to work and didn't get home until 8:30. I went to a party with Vidalia in the middle of the day. I was feeling glad to have somewhere to go because it already feels lame knowing it is a Saturday when Ryan is at work (what can I say, I'm brainwashed), but knowing it was Christmas Eve made it feel extra lame. Eventually Ryan got home. We spoke briefly to my family and then drove around and looked at lights and talked about how we felt lonely not being with family at Christmastime.
Part way through looking at lights, I climbed in the back of the car to try and help Vidalia see them. Everytime she saw the lights she would point and say, "Da!" She's a cutie. After our little driving, we got over our lonely feelings and decided to have a good time anyway.
Then on Christmas morning, I made Christmas Quiche, we got ready for church and then showed Vidalia her stocking, which she was afraid to touch, at first. We don't have any pictures of that. I plugged the camera in on Christmas Eve before we went to bed, then when I went to use it, it said the batteries were exhausted. Weird. We pulled out the computer and got them charged, but we didn't actually catch too many pictures. Once Vidalia figured out that she could touch the stocking and pull things out of it, she was super excited to see what was in there.
After the stocking, we started opening presents. We didn't know if we'd be able to open them all before church, but we tried really hard, opened all but two, and were late to choir practice (yet still on time for church). She was really cute opening presents. She got a little stuffed duck from her cousin Aly. When she was opening it and saw inside of it, she got really really excited, pulled it out as fast as she could and then promptly bit it on the beak. I'm guessing she loved it so much she kissed it.
After Church we hung out at the building for a little while and talked to some friends that were also unable to go home for Christmas and another friend whose husband passed away a few days before Christmas. They had been married less than a year. I can't imagine what she's even going through now.
Then we went and picked up a single friend who had nowhere to go for Christmas and took him to Brother and Sister Smith's house for a potluck dinner. (They are the ones Ryan lived with when he first moved out here.)
After we left their house, we met some other friends at an Assisted Living Center for caroling. It was a lot of fun. When we got home, we were able to talk with Grammy, Papa, and the Parks for just a little bit. Vidalia had a couple presents left, so they watched her open them. Then we talked briefly to my family. It was a merry Christmas around here. That's for sure.
Part way through looking at lights, I climbed in the back of the car to try and help Vidalia see them. Everytime she saw the lights she would point and say, "Da!" She's a cutie. After our little driving, we got over our lonely feelings and decided to have a good time anyway.
Then on Christmas morning, I made Christmas Quiche, we got ready for church and then showed Vidalia her stocking, which she was afraid to touch, at first. We don't have any pictures of that. I plugged the camera in on Christmas Eve before we went to bed, then when I went to use it, it said the batteries were exhausted. Weird. We pulled out the computer and got them charged, but we didn't actually catch too many pictures. Once Vidalia figured out that she could touch the stocking and pull things out of it, she was super excited to see what was in there.
After the stocking, we started opening presents. We didn't know if we'd be able to open them all before church, but we tried really hard, opened all but two, and were late to choir practice (yet still on time for church). She was really cute opening presents. She got a little stuffed duck from her cousin Aly. When she was opening it and saw inside of it, she got really really excited, pulled it out as fast as she could and then promptly bit it on the beak. I'm guessing she loved it so much she kissed it.
After Church we hung out at the building for a little while and talked to some friends that were also unable to go home for Christmas and another friend whose husband passed away a few days before Christmas. They had been married less than a year. I can't imagine what she's even going through now.
Then we went and picked up a single friend who had nowhere to go for Christmas and took him to Brother and Sister Smith's house for a potluck dinner. (They are the ones Ryan lived with when he first moved out here.)
After we left their house, we met some other friends at an Assisted Living Center for caroling. It was a lot of fun. When we got home, we were able to talk with Grammy, Papa, and the Parks for just a little bit. Vidalia had a couple presents left, so they watched her open them. Then we talked briefly to my family. It was a merry Christmas around here. That's for sure.





No comments:
Post a Comment