Yesterday was Vidalia's first birthday! We had so much fun. The very first thing we did was turn her car seat around so she can finally look at something (versus nothing). I would say she was pleased with the change.
Vidalia and I dropped Ryan off at work. Then we went to the store and I let her pick a little cake. She picked a little strawberry cheesecake. She must have known that cheesecake is delicious (and perhaps there were only four choices and three of them were cheesecakes).
Later in the day we went to Village Inn for a birthday get together (not Vidalia's). Our friend, Tina, in the ward shares a birthday with Vidalia. We were celebrating her. She's an awesome person and Vidalia enjoyed herself.
Once it was time for Ry to get off work, we went and got him. Once we got home, we called up my mom so she could watch Vidalia open the presents she had sent her. (I don't have any pictures of the last three events, but I did have my camera with me. It's just hard to remember all the time.)
After that, we had Vidalia open the rest of her presents. She had about a billion, since we bought her something on purpose, forgot about something we meant to put in our stockings and so wrapped it for her instead, and I pulled out all the clothes that are in her upcoming size and wrapped them. It really made it seem like we got her 10 presents when really we got her only one intentionally. :) The good thing about 1 is that she liked all of her presents, clothes and not clothes. However, the clothing was her least favorite, but I don't think she knows that.
She was so pleased with this violin. Oh and the reason it looks so real is because it is real. She got a foam violin for Christmas. Both the real and the fake are size 1/32, which means tiny. We're going to teach her to play. We'll start with the foam violin and teach her about being nice to it and gentle with it and teach her how to hold it. I estimate it will be a very long time before she is actually using this violin, but I just wanted to teach her so bad. I decided it was a good choice when she first plucked at those strings. Her face lit up and she giggled. I don't know if you can tell since she's not looking, but the face in the picture above is a very pleased face. I think she's going to be a musician. I've always thought that though. She took to music from the day she was born, quite literally.
She got a card from Aunt Burns with money in it. She looked and looked and looked at the card. The money on the other hand, she picked up and threw on the floor.
One spoiled baby!
After presents we ate dinner. Then did the cake.
Then we headed to the bath and put her to bed.
I think she enjoyed her birthday. Little does she know she's still having a party. Y'all are invited (it's on Saturday at 10am at our house). We're going to let her play with other kids and eat a little more cake, then I think we will rid our house of all things sugar until next year.




















No comments:
Post a Comment