Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Realizations

  • It's going to feel really hot here in the summer.  (It already sometimes feels pretty hot and it's not.)
  • It's really cold here in the winter.  (One day the high was -3 and I moved here at the very end of January and winter seemed to end early too.  I'm not that excited to experience the middle of the winter, especially since it apparently gets a billion times colder.)
  • My baby is just a happy baby.  If I had to describe here in only a few words, I would say she's patient, happy, and just plain pleasant.  (We're so lucky!)
  • If I had more land to plant my garden, I would go crazy.  (In a good eccentric sort of way.)
  • My baby hates to cry.  Maybe she'll really like it when she finds a new way to communicate.  And by that I mean, she has other ways to communicate and much prefers them.
  • Being a full-time student is more time consuming than being a mother of one.
  • I don't relate to people who don't like babies.
  • Nebraska has the nicest people I've ever met, in all seriousness.
  • I finally noticed today that my chronic cough ended with my pregnancy (and I am so glad).
  • Sometimes candidates run for office, create a website, and never write anything on it.
  • The above makes figuring out who to vote for hard and somewhat random.
  • I receive news from facebook, blogs, google, and church, but mostly facebook.
  • We've lived here longer than we lived in Toronto.
  • A car really is a convenience.  If we didn't have one, we'd find other ways to get around.
  • I like having a car.
  • Most things in life are a commitment.
  • I will probably never see the world.
  • An hour is a lot farther away when your car can't get there.
  • I like to create things.  I think this is why I'm an engineer.
  • I chose a cornfield and call it THE (as in the not T.H.E.) cornfield.
  • I was sick while I was pregnant, the whole time.  I know because I feel much better now.
  • My computer is temperamental.  That's why this post is long and lacks pictures.
  • It actually has nothing to do with the length of this post.
  • I wish we all lived the law of consecration.
  • Big babies are little.
  • The greatest things in my life are Ryan, Vidalia, and the gospel.
  • I hope you're having a nice day. :)

2 comments:

  1. I like this post. And to THE - sorry I'm a non-call-backer. Sundays have been busy. We have adopted a few family traditions just for Sunday since having Matt home more. We don't often talk to family much those days. And church is at 11 to answer your question.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this post. I miss you. I'm glad to know that being a mother is less time-consuming than being a mother. I always wondered.

    ReplyDelete