That's how old my baby is! Can you believe it? Actually, I can. Everyone always says that they get so huge so fast, but I haven't been shocked by her growing, just her acrobats. Because she was so big when she was born, I had in my mind that her newborn stuff would only fit for maybe a week, if at all, but those first few weeks, everything was too big and just last week I said goodbye to her last newborn piece of clothing. Don't be fooled though, she's still big compared to other babies the same age and still wears clothes ranging from 0 months to 6 months (very soon, it will just be the 3 to 6 month stuff).
Stats:
Weight 15 lbs 15.5 oz (89 %) I think she will have no trouble reaching her 20 lbs by 1, what do you think? (I don't know where she gets this incredible baby weight, I maybe weighed this much when I
was 1. It must come from Ryan!)
Height 25.25 inches (77 %) I want to know where they get their percentages from. Is it local statistics or just for the specific doctor or what?
Head 16.5 inches (69%)
 |
| Don't worry. I know this flower looks ridiculously too big! |
So, she's still on the bigger side. I was a little surprised. Considering how huge both Ryan and I were, I was really expecting her percentages to drop a little every time we went to the doctor, but they stayed about he same.
 |
| So sleepy! |
Things about Vidalia
- She randomly changes her bedtime (on a weekly basis it seems). For a while bedtime was 9:30, which seemed pretty good to me (especially because of Ryan's late work schedule). Then it became 10:30, which was still okay, but I liked 9:30 better. Now it is suddenly midnight! I'm finding this midnight thing a little annoying. So, how do you get kids to have a consistent bedtime? We have a little bit of a routine, but it hasn't proved to be especially helpful. Maybe we just need to switch up the elements. It has been a prayer, a bottle (if she'll take it), and rocking until mostly asleep, then to the crib. (We want to keep it on the shorter side. I know if it gets to be a big ordeal, it won't happen at all.)
- She rolls like crazy. She rolls every direction and she can do it fast (if she wants). She gets stuck places all the time. I'll turn my head for just a second and then I hear little calls of helplessness, only to see her unable to roll through objects (she doesn't understand this).
- She eats everything (this includes rolling over to the piano bench and trying to chew the legs, in fact, this seems to be a favorite).
 |
| I love to sit up! (Notice the blankets.) |
- She has the biggest hugest smile, when she wants to, which is a lot of the time.
- Sometimes when she's really tired she whines, but more often than not, she whines a little and giggles a little. I don't know about you, but when I'm really really beyond tired, I don't usually giggle. I think she's going to have a very happy optimistic personality. She's so funny.
- She's getting pretty good with her hands. When she's hungry and offered a bottle, she grabs it and pulls it to her face (with the intention of putting it in her mouth, I would say she succeeds about half the time). When she's not hungry and offered a bottle, she frantically pushes it away with her hands. If you still offer it, she'll scream and cry until you stop. She apparently really knows when she does and doesn't want it.
- She thinks her reflection in the mirror is pretty funny, especially when it appears, disappears, and then reappears. It's not just funny, but hilarious and we can usually get a pretty good laugh out of her.
- She's ticklish...and I think mostly she hates it. Sometimes she laughs when I tickle around her belly, but usually she just gets stiff and uncomfortable. On the other hand, apparently her bottom is ticklish. Sometimes when I wipe her butt, it tickles so bad she just has to giggle and giggle until I'm done. I think it's pretty funny.

- She's squirmy. Hates hates hates to stay in the same place (unless being entertained). This makes changing her diaper a little difficult if you forget to find a distraction.
- She moves around a ton in her bead. She turns herself sideways in the crib and rolls back and forth while she's sleeping. When she gets a bit taller, this isn't going to work so well anymore.
- She's starting to have hair! Although she still kind of looks bald. :)
- She loves loves loves her jumper. (Thanks Grandma!)
 |
| More of this to come. |
She's gorgeous. I love the picture of her sitting up smiling. Lillianne saw the picture of her in the jumper and said, "Look at that! That looks like a pinata." A Vidalia pinata.
ReplyDeleteI want to meet her. She sounds so wonderful!
ReplyDeleteShe's so pretty! And such a chunk. And I love her smile when she's in the high chair. :) How nice to have a baby that's happy all the time! It was hard work getting Naomi to smile when she was that age.
ReplyDeleteI love the high chair and jumper pictures so much. What a cute little girl. Laura did the same thing with bed time. I hated the months when bed time was near midnight. I remember on New Year's Eve wishing she would go to sleep before midnight, but she welcomed in the new year bright and smiley. Aargh.
ReplyDelete