Saturday, May 14, 2011

Crazy

A little while ago I was seriously going crazy about this house in our neighborhood.  This house to be exact.
I think the brown on that house is really really ugly.  I don't think it looks too bad in this picture, but really it does.  I decided I would paint it white if it were my house, but I wasn't sure if that would really help.

Ryan and I were taking a walk and I was telling him how much I hated the brown on this house.  When we got to the house, it looked like this:
I was SO pleased and it really looks so much better.

So now, the title of this post...crazy, you may think it is because I didn't like the brown trim (as I implied), but in fact, it is that I thought I was crazy when I was walking again past this house and thinking how much better it looks.  As I got to the house, I noticed it looked like this:
And I started wondering why they painted it brown again, the white looked so much better.  I took the above picture with my phone and sent it to Ryan asking him if I was crazy or if that really happened.  As I was walking and waiting for a response, I passed this house:
I had never noticed this house before I was with Ryan that one day.  It doesn't have any particular feature that catches my eye, except now I notice that it looks so much better than the other house that is essentially exactly the same (apparently the people who live in the white trim house agree with me).

2 comments:

  1. That is so funny. As we were reading, we thought it was so funny that you had a before picture, but as it turns out, you didn't. Anyway, we agree that the white looks much better. We were just walking by a house with "brown trim" and commenting on how it made the house look older than it really was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious! I can just imagine the feeling of... huh? wait, what the, whobajeeba, huaouhr?

    ReplyDelete