Friday, March 4, 2011

Trek to Nebraska

We (me, Vidalia, my brother Jer, my mom, and my dad) left Utah on the 27th of January around noon or one or something like that.  We drove straight through (or as straight through as you can with a baby) and arrived at our destination in Nebraska early in the morning on the 28th.  My parents drove the truck with all our stuff and Jer and I took Vidalia in his Subaru.  (He loves his Subaru.  I just thought I'd mention that because he talks it up ALL the time.  I'm sure it's a wonderful vehicle.  I know very little about cars.)  It really seemed like a pretty quick drive, so I probably shouldn't call it a trek.  While we were heading out, I talked to Ryan (who was at our apartment).  He was kind of freaking out and telling me I was going to be so mad at him when we got there.  That sounded ridiculous to me because I was so happy to finally getting reunited with him.  How could there be any problems?  I tried to talk him into not worrying about whatever he was worrying about and go to bed (he had to work in the morning).  I don't remember what happened, but when we got there...

THIS is what we moved into.







For the record, I didn't get mad at Ryan, but boy was I BUGGED at the property management.  We met with them and worked something out and got it clean enough to live in.  That, however is all I'm going to say about that right now.  In the future, I will be writing a review about them, but I've promised myself I won't do that until we move from here.  That way I can say whatever I want, but I've also given them time to show me redeeming qualities.

When we got there, it was January 28th.  That means Vidalia was EXACTLY 1 month old.  I took her inside and handed her to Ryan and she gave him a HUGE smile.  It was so cute!  I just love my little family.


No comments:

Post a Comment