Friday, March 11, 2011

Cute Little Guy

So, I think Vidalia looks really funny in this picture.  Just saying.  That's a fabulous look on her face.  I don't remember if she was sleepy or if I just caught her at the right time, but enough about her face.  This post is not about that.
This post is about my "little guy", Vidalia.  I know, she's not a guy.  She's a she not a he, but this is how it happened.  On Thursday nights men go to the church and play basketball.  Sometimes Ryan goes and sometimes he doesn't.  Last week Vidalia and I went with him.  She was wearing the sleeper pictured above (and below).  During a break in between games, one of the guys looked at her and said, "He's such a cute little guy!  What's his name?"  To which Ryan responded, "Her name is Vidalia."  For a second the man seemed stumped and didn't know how to respond, then he repeated, "He's such a cute little guy!"  I kind of thought it was funny.  My thought was, "I can't imagine Vidalia being a boy because I KNOW she is a girl, but I suppose that she doesn't look distinctly girly if you don't know."
Morals (there are several):
1) Perhaps my mother was right when she told me this was actually not such a gender-neutral outfit, which is too bad because I have quite a few of these "gender-neutral" outfits, but doesn't matter because I don't really care.

2)  There's a reason I have so many headbands.  I should use them in public, especially with "gender-neutral" outfits.  (To avoid awkwardness.)

3)  My baby makes a cute boy.

4)  My baby is a cute girl.

5)  My baby is just cute.  :)



5 comments:

  1. I would have Christian dressed up in blue from head to toe and people would still say how pretty my little girl was! So funnY! Seriously some people are just dumb. She is so cute and so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. People would tell me I had a cute little boy when Savannah was in all pink with a great big bow... People don't always think :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all babies in green, but it is hard to tell boy or girl when wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, LOVE LOVE LOVE the new blog picture with Vidalia in her white dress.

    ReplyDelete