So...it's been a long time since I've done anything that I really consider to be "engineery". And I'm not about to tell you about something I've done because, truth is, I haven't done anything particularly engineery since last December, except maybe laughing at some jokes that lots of people don't get or just don't think are funny, or telling myself that the proper way to thicken gravy is to make oobleck and then add a little more water until the mixture acts like a Newtonian liquid again (side note on this one: I've thought I should write a tutorial about this because it would help about a billion people...okay noone, understand better how to do it), and maybe some discussion about how I'd like to design jet engines and how it's probably not important enough to me for it ever to happen, and sometimes in my head when I think of really good projects that should exist and then occasionally searching to see if they've been attempted or actually exist...quickly followed by a list of all the reasons I can imagine that said product wouldn't sell well or would be entirely too expensive for people to buy or just wouldn't work after all the theory was done...I suppose my list actually does go on, I did spend 5 years pretending I knew this stuff afterall.
My point. I found some videos of a project I did using BYU's fancy schmancy high speed camera and popcorn. I like to watch them. I hope you do too. Oh, and don't worry, they're short. The whole video did in fact take up less then a second, or was it three? I can't really remember. In other words, this is slow motion and what you're seeing happens really fast.
My point. I found some videos of a project I did using BYU's fancy schmancy high speed camera and popcorn. I like to watch them. I hope you do too. Oh, and don't worry, they're short. The whole video did in fact take up less then a second, or was it three? I can't really remember. In other words, this is slow motion and what you're seeing happens really fast.
Oh and since I've already gone on and on about me and engineering. I would like to address some of my apprehension at trusting anything built by man. I know the "apprehension" I have to cars is a bit ridiculous, but it is definitely not ungrounded. ;)

That's funny. I disagree with you. Yes, engineering is not a perfect science but it remarkably well considering the uncertainties. Most car accidents occur because of user error and not because of engineer error. Most plane accidents are the same.
ReplyDelete