Saturday, November 12, 2011

Part B: The Positives



  • Ryan.  I'm super lucky to have such a sweet, thoughtful, caring husband.  He's so much nicer to me than I am to him and just because he wants to be.  He doesn't want anything in return and works so hard for our family and just loves and cares for us.  What a joy that man is and how glad I am I decided to marry him.
  • Vidalia.  I love to look at the delight in her face of being alive and having a body and I smile at her and laugh with her.  It makes me forget things that stress me out and bug me and let's be honest, nothing else is really as important.  I hope we get to have lots more kids because they are really just so precious and I can't imagine anything else bringing greater happiness .
  • Finances.  I explained to my parents last year when we were searching for a job and I was finishing school that I felt like we were blessed like the widow who fed Elijah the last of her food and then never ran out.  We paid our tithing and we paid our fast offerings and even though there should have been none, there always was; we always had what we needed in spite of our mostly unemployed state (I worked 2-3 hours a week).  It's not like that any more.  I guess I just feel happy that we know how to use a budget and that we stick to it.  That way we're able to have everything we need and still save just a little bit each month.  The only way to really live financially is to spend less than you make, even if just by a penny.  What peace and comfort it brings to a life that can so easily be controlled by money.  Take that money.  We control our own life.
  • The Yankee Hill Ward.  So great.  Everybody is so nice and really friendly.  There's a lot of flux going on all the time, so it's hard to figure out who everyone is sometimes, but regardless, people are just so nice and I am just so glad.  (Oh, P.S. This is mostly FYI for Bonnie, we have Stake Conference this weekend and it's going to be juicy as far as business is concerned.  I know you like that.  I do too.)
  • Lincoln.  It's a nice city.  Small town feel.  Everything you could ever want within reasonable driving distance.  Very little pollution.  Most people are so nice.  Everyone is delighted by Vidalia and how could I not love that?  
So, I guess you can take from this that we're regular, average people living a regular, average life and we're mostly just happy about it because we try all the time to just do the best we can and that's good enough you know.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out. I smiled really big about the great stake business. Enjoy it! Loved this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you are content and that you love your family so much. I loved chatting with you yesterday and hearing little V. Thank you for the wonderful example that you are to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to see that you are enjoying your life. I love you!

    ReplyDelete