Sunday, November 6, 2011

Dreams

I've had two interesting dreams recently that are worth recording, granted they may not make an excellent movie plot like my sister Large Marge's recent dreams that she recorded, but they are fun to remember.

The first dream is remarkable just because it combines so many elements from various time periods of my life and put them together.

The first segment was that I was living on a floating plastic platform off the coast of Angola (Africa) with my parents and my Grandma Armstrong (who passed away 6 years ago). My mother was leaving to go on an ocean voyage someplace and I was supposed to go with her, but I very much wanted to stay with my Dad.  In my dream I was hugging him and crying and asking him if I could please stay.

The next segment of the dream, I was living in Provo.  I was working demolition.  (Some of the details have gotten a little fuzzy, so I made some of it up.)  My job was to ride the big metal ball that breaks walls all around the outskirts of Provo.  It was my responsibility to relay information about the activities going on to the King of Provo.  The reason for this was that the king had lots of secret construction projects on the outskirts that he didn't want the rest of the citizens knowing about.  The truth was that most of the citizens didn't know about these extra construction projects.  Later that week, I was wanting to celebrate a holiday (not sure which one) with Salli, Bonnie, Jordan Olsen (from Houston), and Chris Martinez (from Manti).  We decided to go the basketball court that was on the roof of the city building which required three different staircases to get to the top.  None of them were in the same part of the building.  And that's what we ended up doing, it was fun.  End of dream.

The second dream is interesting, it's more sequential than the first dream.  In this dream I was a young boy, probably 18.  I had a friend who enlisted in the army; this friend and I had spent a long time together, many years we had known each other.  Shortly after he enlisted, he stopped returning my phone calls.  I suspected the army had something to do with it, so I went to the local headquarters.  I was treated rudely by a secretary who acted as though me wanting to see this friend was the dumbest thing she'd ever heard.  Someone came to talk to her and while she wasn't looking, I opened a door to a stairwell and ran down the stairs.  When I opened the door I was shocked and appalled to see rows and rows of young men sitting each in their own milk crate, all sitting in the exact same position, completely silent, staring at the same wall.  I saw my friend among these.  I immediately ran back up the stairs and out the door.  I jumped over an officer that was walking into the building who tried to grab me.  I then continued to jump higher and higher and grow larger and larger until I was jumping over buildings.

At this point I decided that the dream wasn't going to turn out right if I kept getting bigger, so I shrunk to normal size.  When I returned home, I found a letter informing me that I had been drafted into the army.  So, I was frantic at this point and ran out to where there was a parade going on.  So I jumped in front of the camera and started yelling the warnings to everybody.  I told everybody that people who went into the army probably never come back because they'd lost their personality.  One of the officers marching in the parade ran up to me and grabbed my arm and told me that was a very disrespectful and ungrateful way to act.  I ran away from him and I kept going until I found a place where I thought nobody could find me.

The next thing I remember, I was in the training being treated especially harshly.  I was singled out and ridiculed for supposedly undermining the nation's security and being a traitor to my own country. I resisted what was being said and tried not to let it enter my mind.

The next part of the dream, I was sleeping in a basement.  There was a dog outside and I was among friends, although I don't remember who they were.  When I heard a knock at the door, there were three men who grabbed me and hand-cuffed me and threw me in the car.  End of dream.

I hope you enjoyed spending five minutes of your life reading about my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment