So, it's conference time, which we always look forward too, but also feel a little bummed about at the same time. (Weird, I know, but this tends to happen when Saturday = Friday and Sunday begins the weekend and Monday = Saturday.) The only thing we're bummed about is the lack of watching all of it together. We really thought that once Ryan was out of the military that we'd say goodbye to the dumbness that is him missing conference. At least now it is only the two Saturday sessions instead of usually all of it.
That aside, this is about things I love, not things I hate and I love General Conference.
So, I guess I'll start with something of a very not deep nature...I love that they have conference available via the internet. It makes it easy when I can pause it when I need and watch it in my house. When I watched the RS Broadcast at the church, I had Vidalia with me. Much of my energy was focused on keeping her from disappearing and messing with others' belongings. Not that everyone minds, but I do feel obligated to watch her especially carefully when there are so many people around (for some odd reason). I know my own home much better and it is fairly easy to let her roam or sit with me or make any noise or need anything while still being able to pay mostly full attention to the speakers. That is all.
Another favorite thing...Elder Uchtdorf's forget-me-not address at the RS broadcast. Even with a wiggly V Baby, he speaks so simply that even a somewhat distracted person can hear what he's saying. I like that.
Future favorite thing...The primary choir that is going to be singing at the Saturday Afternoon Session. Trust me, I know this will be a favorite thing.
Other favorite thing...Any sort of news, especially temple announcements and especially especially the Provo Tabernacle Temple announcement. I must admit I was not completely surprised because of several articles I've read speculating what they would do with the building, but thrilled none the less.
Last for now favorite things...Talks I just listened to and more talks I will listen too. I tend to have a harder time remembering who says what at first in the 4 main sessions than, say, the RS Broadcast. I can't say for sure why that is, but I think it may have to do with the number of continuously speaking speakers (some of which I am not familiar). It's just harder for me.
Okay....done. Happy Conference Weekend (and October, which is also a favorite thing)!
That aside, this is about things I love, not things I hate and I love General Conference.
So, I guess I'll start with something of a very not deep nature...I love that they have conference available via the internet. It makes it easy when I can pause it when I need and watch it in my house. When I watched the RS Broadcast at the church, I had Vidalia with me. Much of my energy was focused on keeping her from disappearing and messing with others' belongings. Not that everyone minds, but I do feel obligated to watch her especially carefully when there are so many people around (for some odd reason). I know my own home much better and it is fairly easy to let her roam or sit with me or make any noise or need anything while still being able to pay mostly full attention to the speakers. That is all.
Another favorite thing...Elder Uchtdorf's forget-me-not address at the RS broadcast. Even with a wiggly V Baby, he speaks so simply that even a somewhat distracted person can hear what he's saying. I like that.
Future favorite thing...The primary choir that is going to be singing at the Saturday Afternoon Session. Trust me, I know this will be a favorite thing.
Other favorite thing...Any sort of news, especially temple announcements and especially especially the Provo Tabernacle Temple announcement. I must admit I was not completely surprised because of several articles I've read speculating what they would do with the building, but thrilled none the less.
Last for now favorite things...Talks I just listened to and more talks I will listen too. I tend to have a harder time remembering who says what at first in the 4 main sessions than, say, the RS Broadcast. I can't say for sure why that is, but I think it may have to do with the number of continuously speaking speakers (some of which I am not familiar). It's just harder for me.
Okay....done. Happy Conference Weekend (and October, which is also a favorite thing)!
No comments:
Post a Comment