Disclaimer: This post contains way more pictures, videos, and words than it probably should, but it's our blog so we're going to post them anyway.
A couple of weeks ago, we went to the happiest place on Earth...Roca Berry Farm. Okay, I don't really think it is the happiest place on Earth, but neither is Disneyland. Plus, we had tons of fun.
This is how it began. A couple weeks before a couple weeks ago (when we went to Roca Berry Farm), we went on a ward campout in the little town just outside of our little town. On our way there, I saw signs leading to Roca Berry Farm. When camping was over and we went home, I looked it up to see what it was and man was I so excited about it after that.
So a Monday or two later, we pulled out the GPS and it began to lead us to our destination. After a short trip out of town, 20 minutes on unpaved roads, and the main street that took us in between two giant silos, we arrived.
A couple of weeks ago, we went to the happiest place on Earth...Roca Berry Farm. Okay, I don't really think it is the happiest place on Earth, but neither is Disneyland. Plus, we had tons of fun.
This is how it began. A couple weeks before a couple weeks ago (when we went to Roca Berry Farm), we went on a ward campout in the little town just outside of our little town. On our way there, I saw signs leading to Roca Berry Farm. When camping was over and we went home, I looked it up to see what it was and man was I so excited about it after that.
So a Monday or two later, we pulled out the GPS and it began to lead us to our destination. After a short trip out of town, 20 minutes on unpaved roads, and the main street that took us in between two giant silos, we arrived.
![]() |
| Our destination...apparently nowhere. |
Yep, this is it. Exactly what we saw when we first got there. Now, I know it doesn't look like much, but our excitement was not dampered at all. As we started to walk in, it began to look like maybe there really was something here. (Notice Vidalia's face. I think she's trying to decide if this place is a good idea or not.)
Man...are you going to be amazed when I show and tell you all that was here. I was, that's for sure.
The first thing we did (go figure) was head for the games!
These Three Fun Games
Game 1/3
In between games 1 and 2
Game 2/3
Yellow = Straight
Red = Right
Blue = Left
Game 3/3
Take as many horizontal or vertical steps as are in the square you are standing on. Start on green, you win when you reach red.
Corn Bus
Vidalia's favorite thing. Maybe mine too. Oh and yes, those are kernels of corn. Awesome. That's what I think.
Candy Land
Hillbilly Bowling
Alice in Wonderland Corn Maze
Castle Slide
This Big Bumpy Slide
Race Pigs, This Thing,
(and maybe tons of other animals and little kid stuff not pictured and almost not even mentioned)
A Strip of the Old Midwest
Maybe I'm a mean Mama, but this picture makes me laugh everytime.
Oh...and I'm a short Mama, which means I can't hold Baby V in one face and still reach the other.
Pumpkins
(and the pumpkin house that you can't see in any of these pictures, but is indeed part of the last 2.)
Hayride
Pumpking Patch
We each picked a pumpkin from this patch, got back on a hayride, headed to the main part of the farm, and then (of course) had to repeat some of the things we had already done. This may not have been our greatest idea ever, since we were supposed to feed the missionaries dinner and got home barely 10 minutes before they came. It was okay though, I had thrown stuff in the crock-pot in the morning and we cleaned as fast as we could. Of course, the missionaries still had to wait around for the rice to cook and they vacuumed my living room (they caught us, vacuum in hand). I don't think it was a problem though. They sang songs and played with the guitar.
P.S. There were so many more things (we didn't do everything). There were tons of different playgrounds, a huge stack of jumping hay, a trike trail for little kids (trikes provided), a race track for older kids, another track thing for other kids, a huge blow up bouncy area, three haunted houses, and probably a whole bunch of other things we didn't even notice.
P.P.S. This is how it is in the daytime. At night, there's a whole other half of the farm they open. They call it the "Scary Farm", so knowing us, I don't think we missed out.



























































In the puzzle games 1/3 and 3/3, I couldn't see enough to solve them. =( However, in game 2/3 I noticed that each entrance sent you out at the entrance to the right (counter clockwise direction, if you will).
ReplyDeleteHa ha good memories! I have the bestest family!
ReplyDelete