Monday, October 10, 2011

9 Months

That's right.  Vidalia has now been out of me longer than she was ever in me.  (Although the time she was in me seems longer.  I think this is because SO many different things happened in my life while she was in and not very many since she's been out.  Life has been consistent, which I think is a good thing.)

So, as a 9 month old, Vidalia:

  • is a fast crawler/stair climber.
  • cruises along furniture, walls, pretty much anything.
  • can stand, but is completely unaware of it.
  • loves to explore everything including destroying books, dumping salt, and eating any food thing she finds.
  • is SO much fun to play with.
  • hates sitting still for anything we deem necessary (diaper change, being in high chairs, etc.).
  • is super strong.  She can really put up a fight when she's determined.
  • throws tantrums.  (I'm sure they are going to get worse.)
  • is stubborn.
  • is still incredibly patient.  (Is it possible to be so patient and so stubborn?)
  • lacks consistent sleeping schedules.
  • rarely falls asleep before Ryan and I go to bed.
  • bites, bites, bites, bites, bites (with her 6 teeth).
  • is one of the most delightful people that ever existed.  She's hard not to love.

V Baby Stats
Height: 28.5 inches (76%)
Weight: 19 lbs. 5.5 oz. (54%)
Head: 17.75 inches (77%)

At the doctor today Vidalia had the first part of her flu shot and a hemoglobin check (you know, the annoying finger pricks).  The finger prick was no fun for anyone.  After the lab lady was done getting what she needed, she used a gotten ball (very similar to a cotton ball) and wrapped it in a band-aid around Vidalia's finger.  I took one look at it and tried to decide how long V was going to let it stay there.  Immediately after that, she stuck the band-aid finger in her mouth.  By the time we got to the car, I was trying to get it out of her mouth.  I pulled it out and then noticed all the blood getting everywhere (on her face, in her mouth, on her clothes, on my hand...not actually everywhere).  So, I ran back inside and asked for a band-aid (what was I thinking?).  I came back out and Ryan's and Vidalia's hands were covered in blood.  After some struggle I finally got a new band-aid on. We went back inside to try and clean up a little.  When we walked back inside, they sent us back to the lab.  By the time we got to the lab, I was getting the second band-aid out of her mouth.  The lab lady gave us yet another band-aid.  Luckily, by the time we had cleaned up all our hands and were ready to do something with the third band-aid, it had stopped bleeding.  You would think this happens all the time and that they'd figure out something better than sticking a huge band-aid on a 9 month old finger.  Seriously, do children choke on band-aids on the way home from the doctor?

Note from Vidalia about the experience:
mkkmikgkootg 

Interpretation:
Why did you do that to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment