Saturday, September 17, 2011

I'm cleaning out my external hard drive

I don't know why, but I find this funny (and a little bit rude really).


When I was a freshman in college, (actually the summer after) I had some roommates (which I dearly love).  They didn't have a computer.  I did.  No big deal really.  I would often let them use mine.  After not very long, they would use it constantly (with or without my permission) and they wouldn't treat it as nicely as I did.  As a 19 year-old, I was super bugged.  In a little bit of my stress level defense, I was working 50+ hours a week and going to school full-time.  I spent my downtime doing homework and my free time was limited (and usually spent with my good friend Erin).  It was really busy, which may be why I did not repeat the schedule any following summers.  

So this is the mean thing I did.  I created a guest or visitor account on my computer and posted the Attention thing found above as the background.  Rude of me really.  I'm so glad I have now learned how to talk to people.  Much more effective.  (Not to mention, not so rude.)  And I tell you that so that I can laugh a little at myself and delete the file.

2 comments:

  1. I remember this! Funny how that seems so recent but it was 5 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, I LOVE this! Maybe I'm just too passive-aggressive by nature, but I don't think it's rude at all. Very appropriate. :)

    ReplyDelete