Thursday, September 15, 2011

Church and Czech Festival

Jer and Gido came to church with me!  There was a baby in the row in front of us (Eva Doney, for our future reference).  Both Jer and Gido were smiling at her and patting her hand; Gido then surprised everyone by grabbing the baby and putting her in his lap.  Eva and Gido weren't concerned, but everyone else was a little bit startled.  It was fine (and funny).

I was proud of Jeremy for bearing his testimony.  Most everyone in the ward was confused at where Melissa and Vidalia were and who were these other two people.  To make things worse, I went to primary to play the piano and sent them by themselves to Sunday School and Elders Quorum.  That's a really funny story!  

After church (Did I mention it was Jer's actual birthday?), we went to the Czech Festival in Wilber, Nebraska.  We apparently went too late.  Most everything was almost over by then.  The main reason I wanted to go was to hear Czech music, BUT when we walked into the hall there was a band on stage, but they weren't doing anything!  The hall was full of people all getting drunk.  We were quite disappointed, so we wandered around for a long time first of all and eventually made it to the pageant.

This pageant involved young women of Czech heritage from all over the country.  They were all showing off their Kroje (traditional dress).  We were fully engrossed in every minute detail, stitch, button, bead, and design of every dress.  It was actually quite boring, but interesting at the same time.  I think the most entertaining thing for Jeremy was yelling really really loud when Miss Czech Utah presented her Kroje.  Pretty much awesome.  

On the way home, Jeremy said, "This is why I never want to live in the Midwest!"  (We were passing lots of cornfields.)  Ask him for further clarification if you so desire.

So I got them for TWO nights and ONE FULL day!  It was GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment