Monday, October 11, 2010

Quizzes

So, usually I really don't like quizzes, but this semester, they've been one of the more enjoyable things in my life for just a couple reasons.

1) I only have quizzes in two of my classes this semester.
2) In one of my classes, it's pretty much impossible to get lower than 90%, which makes quizzes a non-stressful time of life.
3) In my other class where we have quizzes we usually don't have them.  So far there have been somewhere between 4 and 9 scheduled quizzes of which one actually happened.
4) Everytime anything happens in my class that has scheduled quizzes that frequently don't happen, everyone freaks out.  Ok, not everyone, but a lot of people and it's very amusing to me that they all care so much.
5) The teacher of the class mentioned in points 3 and 4 is super amusing to me (making my last semester in all  its shameless trunky-ness a little less painful).  This has to do with quizzes because I received the following email (3rd email) from my professor following two other emails.

Email 1:
Please note the new Assignment under the Assignments tab. Economist: Paul Krugman article.

Also, there will be a quiz tomorrow.

Your humble servant,
X X (I decided not to let his name appear on my public blog, although I don't think it would bother him.)


Email 2:
The Quiz will cover Chapter 8


Email 3:
A final few notes concerning the quiz in order to clarify any mis-understandings:

1. Quiz tomorrow
2. In class
3. Not on Blackboard
4. Chapter 8
5. 8 Multiple Choice
6. 2 True/False
7. You may use a pencil
8. You may use a pen
9. You may use blood (but it might not get graded)
10. I will give you 10 minutes
11. That is 1 minute per question
12. The quiz is closed book
13. You may not cheat
14. You are allowed to guess
15. One point will count for 1/100th of your total class points
16. You may not use notes
17. You may use a dictionary but there will not be much time
18. If you must stress, I suppose you can go ahead and do so, but I wouldn't
19. We will grade the quiz in class
20. You will pass it to the row forward to be graded
21. The front row will pass it to the back row to be graded
22. Because there are more people in the back row than the front row, there will need to be some adjustment 
about who grades which row's quiz
23. Questions were taken from the test bank
24. Test bank used was for edition 13
25. I created the Quiz about 4:30p PST
26. I was really hungry afterward and had a yogurt to sate my cravings
27. The current moon phase in the Northern Hemisphere is a waxing crescent (23% of full)
28. The average weight of a Barbary Macaque is 15-26 pounds (7-12 kg)
29. All the gold ever mined in the world would only fill 2 olympic size swimming pools
30. I received numerous email asking questions about the quiz
31. I responded to those email in a bulk communique
32. I received numerous more email asking me about the quiz
33. I responded to those email in a bulk communique
34. I realized I must not be a good communicator
35. I have accepted the fact that I am now a good communicator because I have said everything that you may
 want to know concerning the quiz

I look forward to seeing you tomorrow!

Most kind regards.

X X

4 comments:

  1. He must be fun to listen to in class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is outrageous! ...er, I mean, hilarious! Thank you so much for bringing me an extra smile today!

    ReplyDelete