So this is what I've got so far: https://mormonorg.lds.org/profile/preview/eng/
And besides that, Elder Nelson encouraged us to try to meet someone new every time we go to church. Quote: Each Sunday extend a hand of fellowship to at least one person you did not know before. Each day of your life, strive to enlarge your own circle of friendship." (taken from: http://new.lds.org/general-conference/2010/10/be-thou-an-example-of-the-believers?lang=eng). I did this on Sunday, I met my next door neighbor. His name is... Darren Golding I believe. And I met another guy but I can't remember his name. This has been a wonderful week! Obedience is the best!
Please visit mormon.org and do your part in spreading the good news (wonderful news) of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
I add my voice to Paul: "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ, for it is the power of salvation unto all that believeth" (Romans 1:16).
So we do not need to be apologetic for the truth. We have been given commandments for our benefit, that we may be truly happy. We are offering people salvation through Jesus Christ; freedom from sin, from hatred, self-loathing, from misery. As we live the commandments we see purpose in our experiences and are better able to comprehend and love ourselves and all others.
Why would we ever apologize for that?
Instead of apologizing, let us have an abundance of charity to all people. Consider these words of Moroni: Moroni 7:
45And charity suffereth long, and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
46Wherefore, my beloved brethren, if ye have not charity, ye are nothing, for charity never faileth. Wherefore, cleave unto charity, which is the greatest of all, for all things must fail—
47But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him. (taken from: http://new.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/moro/7?lang=eng)
When I read these verses I have one response: Sign me up!
Good post. Thanks for setting an example for the rest of us by obeying immediately and sharing the counsel. Just so you know, no one can follow that first link without an LDS account. I don't know if you realized that or if it concerns you at all. We just can't see your profile picture until we set up an account. Maybe that is a way to encourage everyone to set up an account - I don't know. Thought I'd let you know.
ReplyDeleteI made a mormon.org profile before conference, but I didn't know exactly what it was for. I thought it was for people to read when they visited mormon.org. I'm glad you posted about this because now I understand that I'm supposed to post my mormon.org profile on my blog.
ReplyDeleteGotta figure out how to do that. ;)
ReplyDeleteWell I'm still not exactly sure what Elder Nelson meant by post it to the blog, but there was an option when making the profile to include a blog address. I will be excited when my profile gets approved. And when I finally show up as a CTRS on NCTRC.com!
ReplyDelete