In case you were interested...this cute face
is now 2. She weighs 25 lbs 3.5 oz (30th %tile) and is some height that is 60th percentile. Her BMI is 15. Apparently they start measuring that when you are two. We were told that her BMI is nothing to worry about, which was totally a relief to me because I've been worried about it for so long (no, not really). She's fairly normal and doing all the things they think she should. That's good. I like it when doctors tell me something is normal. I've never been worried about her though. This girl exceeds all the expectations I have for her. She's been doing some really darling things too. She says lots of words and I understand most. She also pretends to babble and I think it's hilarious.
This is a conversation we have all the time.
V - Daddy's at work.
Me - Daddy's at work?
V - No, home.
(Or any sort of variation on work, home, church, school or the individual.)
She's obsessed with possession. She likes to walk around and exclaim who owns each thing.
- Daddy's boots.
- Vidalia's boots.
- Mama's jacket.
- My book.
- etc.
She's been singing for a very long time, but more recently has started trying to remember words of songs. She likes to play her foam violin and sing her version of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Today we sang Are You Sleeping. She walked around afterward singing, "Brother John, Brother John." That's the only part she would sing. She would randomly sing it and then go about whatever she was doing. A few minutes later she would sing it again.
I like having a two year old.

No comments:
Post a Comment