Sunday, September 2, 2012

Tramautic Event #1


   There is an event that until recently I have not been willing to discuss publicly; it started on June 9 and resolved (mostly) on July 19, give or take a few days, I can't remember the exact day the restriction was removed. So, without compromising the agreement I signed or compromising any agreement to confidentiality I will lay out some basic details. I do this primarily for the sake of keeping a personal family record.
    On June 9, one patient turned around, cursed and punched another patient. There was no warning, no odd behavior preceding this event, no exchange of any kind between the two patients. It was senseless, unprovoked violence.
    I insured the patients' safety and reported to the best of my understanding. I later came to understand that wasn't sufficient. I was suspended for 5 days without pay. When I came back I found out that the allegation were more severe than I imagined. I was placed on a restriction.
    The restriction wasn't lifted for several weeks. I am glad the incident happened that I might learn patience, humility and charity. Also so that others were given the opportunity to help me.
The End

No comments:

Post a Comment