Saturday, June 4, 2011

NCAA

Since BYU was doing so good in the NCAA this year, we actually watched two games.  I guess it's kind of ironic that we watched two games post-graduation.  They were the first two BYU basketball games I ever saw (and maybe the last).  I guess if BYU does really good again sometime, there's a good chance I'll watch a couple  games.  (Maybe not.)  As you can tell, I'm a HUGE BYU sports' fan.  I think in our family, Vidalia is the biggest BYU fan (since she is the one who got all dressed up for the games).  Maybe she'll go to BYU in 18 years.  Maybe not.


Since I did mention BYU and the NCAA, I feel like saying a thing or two about Jimmer, or more, what they called Jimmermania.  I thought the whole thing was really very weird.  I'll be the first to admit that he was really really good at scoring, but I really found the whole ordeal very strange.  Maybe just because it was the theme of my facebook for so long (probably because a lot of my FB friends are people I met at BYU).  I wasn't bugged by it, but I saw and read some really strange things using Jimmer's name.  I think it would be overwhelming to be him.  I'm glad that he went to BYU and played basketball though because I really like it when BYU gets positive media coverage.  I think it reflects well on the church.  Or in other words positive media coverage for BYU = positive media coverage for the church.  I hope it helped somebody somewhere find a better way to live life.

No comments:

Post a Comment