Friday, January 14, 2011

Us right now-ish

Hi all!  Here's a quick (very quick), picture-less update on our lives.

Ryan has started his new job.  Orientation, training, observing, and what not.  He's also looking for a place for us to live.  I hope soon he finds one because we miss him and are now clear for traveling.  Hopefully we'll be with him again in two weeks.

I feel more like myself than I have in months (I know, this isn't really a surprise probably).  I have been freezing for days.  It's been a long time since I've really felt freezing.  I've been sleeping with three blankets and would probably use more if I didn't have to go find them.

Vidalia is now doing well.  At first she lost way too much weight (a little over a pound, which is really a lot for a newborn).  I started supplementing with formula and now she has FINALLY surpassed her birth weight (by about 4 ounces).  We're so proud of her, if I can be proud of a baby or gaining weight, but I just am.

Oh!  Maybe so this doesn't have to be picture-less, a while ago when we'd only been married a few months, we decided to use a website to see what our children would look like.  Here they are...



Do either of them look at all like Vidalia?

2 comments:

  1. That happened to Christian too. It is really hard when your baby isn't gaining weight and you are wondering if they are getting enough to eat. So glad that she is gaining now! She is so cute! You're a good mom. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, makemebabies.com predicts that your children are going to be ADORABLE, however, I am certain that Vidalia is even cuter. Can you post some new pictures of her?! I am so excited to come and meet her this coming week!

    ReplyDelete